Citrix has released security updates to address a critical authentication bypass flaw in the application delivery controller (ADC) and Gateway products that could be exploited to take control of affected systems.
Successful exploitation of the issues could enable an adversary to gain authorized access, perform remote desktop takeover, and even circumvent defences against login brute-force attempts under specific configurations.
- CVE-2022-27510 – Unauthorized access to Gateway user capabilities
- CVE-2022-27513 – Remote desktop takeover via phishing
- CVE-2022-27516 – User login brute-force protection functionality bypass
The following supported versions of Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway are affected by the flaws –
- Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway 13.1 before 13.1-33.47
- Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway 13.0 before 13.0-88.12
- Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway 12.1 before 188.8.131.52
- Citrix ADC 12.1-FIPS before 12.1-55.289
- Citrix ADC 12.1-NDcPP before 12.1-55.289
images from Hacker News